The Getaway Boat & Jet Ski Rentals FAQ
Summer is officially in full swing here at the Lake of the Ozarks! From family vacations, warmer weather, and time spent on the water, Summer is the best time to visit the Lake. When you visit the Lake Area, getting out on the water should be at the top of your to-do list. Don't own a boat? Not a problem when you rent one from the best boat rental company at the Lake of the Ozarks! We offer affordable watercraft rentals at the Lake of the Ozarks including deck boats, tritoons, and jet skis. Today, we are going to share with you everything you need to know about renting a watercraft with us through our Frequently Asked Questions. Check it out!
Watercraft Rental FAQs
1) What is required for a rental?Valid driver’s license and deposit.
2) Do I need a boating license to rent a boat or waverunner?If you are born after Jan 1, 1984, you must have a boating license to operate anything on the water with a motor. You can go online to https://www.boat-ed.com/ to take the test. I can issue you a one-time temporary boating license if you have never had one before for $9.00 if renting with The Getaway. If a temporary boating license is needed you must arrive 30 minutes before rental to complete.
3) How long before my rental should I arrive for contract and instruction?We recommend 30 minutes before to have time for paperwork and safety instructions.
4) How old do you have to be to rent a boat or a jet ski?You must be 18 with a valid driver’s license and credit card in your name for deposit.
5) How much is the deposit?$250.00 per piece of equipment. If you rent two jet skis the deposit is $500.00 etc...
6) How soon will the deposit go back on my card?I release the funds as soon as the watercraft is returned with no damage. It is up to your bank on when they release your funds back to you.
7) What if it is raining when we are supposed to go out on the water?If it's actively raining at the time of the rental I don't expect you to go. If it's cloudy or overcast I do need you to go. If the weather is inclement both parties must agree on what is inclement weather the day of the rental.
8) What is the cancellation policy?You must cancel within 48 hours for a rental or forfeit the security deposit. All weekend rentals must be canceled 4 days in advance or forfeit the security deposit. Cancellations for holidays or holiday weekends must be 7 days in advance or forfeit the security deposit.
9) Can I drive the boat at night?No, my insurance does not allow the boats to be driven from 7pm to 7am. They must be parked for safety.
10) Can I cancel my reservation by email or text?No, cancellations can only be made by calling 573.348.6677 in the cancellation policy time frame.
11) Where are you located?1192 Lakeshore Dr. Osage Beach, MO. 65065 or you can type in The Getaway Boat Rentals Osage Beach, MO into your phone.
12) Is there parking at your location?Yes, there is ample parking. You will park at Kirkwood Lodge and walk down the steps to the water.
13) Are you handicap accessible?Yes, there is an access road that goes down to the dock. Then there is one step up onto the dock.
Now that you have the inside scoop on everything you need to know about renting a boat at the Lake of the Ozarks, what are you waiting for? The water is calling your name and the absolute best way to get out on the water is by boat. To ensure you have a watercraft lined up, make your reservations TODAY by calling 573-348-6677 or by visiting our website and filling out our Request a Rental Reservation Form. We look forward to seeing you at The Getaway!